Today I picked up a full basket of prunes from our tree and decided to do a little experimenting.
Here is what I came up with: A Healthy & Delicious Prune Crisp!
Here is the Recipe I followed (I would recommend a few adjustments, scroll down for my suggestions)
- 10 cups of quartered & pitted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar or stevia
- 3 Tbsp of butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Cinnamon (to sprinkle over
- 1 Tbsp of raisins
- Mix prunes, raisins, & cinnamon in the melted honey & place at the bottom of a glass casserole.
- Mix brown sugar or stevia, rolled oats, flour and salt together. Mix in the butter or oil (or combination of both) into the dry ingredients with your hands until a bread crumb like consistency has been reached.
- Spread the crisp evenly on top of the prunes.
- Bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center easily goes through the cooked fruit.
If you are using butter, make sure that it’s at room temperature.
If using oil, make sure that you monitor the crisp during cooking, because oil burns faster.
Next time, I would use 4-5 cups of prunes instead of 10 (with 1 Tbsp of
honey) for a more crispy and dense consistency. My desert was more like a
compote… but still yummy in the tummy
You can even top it off with some whipped cream or ice cream!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.