Once again, I’d like to share yet another great illustrative guide from www.greatist.com.
This time it’s about Interval training & HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), one of my all time favorites!
Here is why I love it:
- cut down on training time
- burn more calories… and keep burning them all day long!
- leads to many physiological changes: increase of VO2 max (maximum amount of oxygen you can take in while exercising), & increases tolerance to the build-up of lactic acid
- avoiding catabolic state (loss of muscle mass that can occur with long periods of moderate intensity training)
- helps avoid injuries associated with repetitive overuse (common in endurance training)
- oh, and did I mention that it was less boring & repetitive?
Don’t forget to get your very own Gymboss Interval Timer!
More Health and Fitness News & Tips at Greatist.
MFS Suggests: “Gymboss Interval Timer” !