I found this yummy looking recipe on Leanne’s blog: www.healthfulpursuit.com.
It caught my eye because it has so many of my favorite ingredients in it, yet it is healthy and nutritious. I will have to give it a try sometimes soon :)
This super desert/snack is vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, sugar-free, yeast free, and corn free!
Healthy chunky munkey ice cream ingredients
- 5 bananas, peeled, slices, and frozen
- 2 tbsp. of nut butter
- 2 tbsp. of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chunks/chips (I try with dark, organic, raw chocolate)
- Place frozen bananas, almond butter, and coconut in your food processor. Pulse until a large mass develops. If the banana isn’t binding, try adding 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk or allowing the bowl to sit for 1 minute or so to defrost slightly.
- Drop ball of soft serve into a large bowl and mix in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Serve immediately.
I can’t wait to try this one….