I was craving something naughty and sweet today and decided to give Jamie Easton’s recipes a try, this recipe is adapted from her Chocolate Protein Bar recipe!
Ingredients (makes 12 cakes/bars)
- ½ cup ground oats
- ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax-seed
- 2 Tbsp. hemp or chocolate protein powder
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats & flour, hemp protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa, flax-seed, shredded coconut) together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, honey, apple sauce, vanilla extract water) together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in oven.
Nutrition Facts (per cake/bar)
Fat: 2 grams
Carbs: 14,6 grams
Protein: 5,5 grams
Topping tips: Natural nut butter, yogurt, honey & nuts!