The Skinny Jeans Workout: Phase 1 of 2
Straight from “The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises”, here is another great workout divided into 2 phases that will get you great results right in time for the summer!
“Want to look sexier in a pair of jeans? Then this is the workout for you, courtesy of Rachel Cosgrove, CSCS. It’s based entirely on the Skinny Jean Challenge she conducted at her gym, in which 20 women dropped two jean sizes in 8 weeks. (The ladies reward: new designer jeans, purchased by Rachel.) If you’re up for the challenge-and a reason to go shopping-get ready to slim down and tone up. It’s the perfect routine for any woman, since it’s designed to allow you to start at the pace that’s right for your body-whether you’re a beginner or a long-time exerciser.”
How to Do This Workout ?
- Alternate between Workout A and workout B three days a week, resting at least a day between each session.
- If you’re a beginner or you haven’t exercised in some time, perform the number of sets on the low-end of the recommended range and slowly increase your sets as you get stronger, so that you perform 3 sets by week 4. When you start a new phase, apply the same principle.
- For each exercise in which you raise and lower a weight, take 2 seconds to lower the weight or your body, pause in the down position, and then take 2 seconds to lift the weight, keeping tension in your muscles the entire time.
- If you already regularly exercise, you can start with 2-3 sets per exercise from the start.
- Warm-up prior to each workout.
- Perform the exercises in the order shown.
- When you see a number without a letter next to it (ex.1, 2), perform the exercise as a straight set (do 1 set, rest for prescribed amount of time. Complete all sets of this exercise before moving to the next.
- When you see a number with a letter next to it (ex. 1A, 1B), it indicates that the exercise is to be performed as part of a group of exercises. Instead of completing all sets of an exercise at once, do only one set (ex.1A), rest for the prescribed amount of time, and then do one set of the next exercise in the group (ex.1B). Once you are done with a group (ex. group 1), you can move on to the next (ex. group 2) until you have completed the whole workout.
- When prescribed rest period is = “0”, that indicates you’re not to rest between movements; move directly to the next exercise.
- If any of the given exercises are too hard, feel free to substitute the variation of the movement that allows you to perform the prescribed number of reps.
Click HERE for FREE PRINTABLE PDF. version of these workouts
* Bird dog: 1 rep= Raise your arm and leg and hold for 2 seconds, then slowly lower and repeat on other side.
* Body-weight overhead squat: Use broomstick or light pole.
Click on the thumbnails below to get a description of every exercise listed in this workout. Once the file opens up in a new page, make sure you enlarge it by clicking on the image once again!
Workout “A” Exercises
Workout “B” Exercises
Done with PHASE 1 … Check out PHASE 2!
For more printable workouts, click on the “Get Movin’” tab on the menu above!img. source