In late August, I took up a new challenge and decided to start teaching 6 intensive classes a week! I’m so glad for taking this step, teaching boot-camps and other intensive classes has really worked miracles for me… each and every single class left me feeling super happy, powerful and sexy! Definitely an instant and long-lasting fix to most of your life problems, I highly suggest it.
Since my classes are located in downtown Montreal, I’ve been spending lots of time walking around the beautiful city, drinking warm & creamy lattes, doing some shopping and constantly getting tempted to try out all of the finger linking good snacks and treats that are offered at every single corner of each & every street!
So I decided to get my hands dirty and prepare some delicious and healthy on the go power snack bars than would be great to munch on in between my boot-camps!
You Will Need the Following:
3 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of agave syrup
1/3 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used vanilla soy)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup rye flour
2 tablespoons milled flax-seed
1 cup whole oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
Let’s Get Started…
Preheat the over to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix coconut oil, sugars and agave syrup until creamy.
Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter, mix until combined.
Mix in the cocoa powder and add the milk (milk not seen in this picture…)
In a separate bowl, combine regular flour, rye flour, flax seed, oats, baking powder and salt, mix together.
Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until moistened, Add chocolate chunks into the mix.
Pour mixture into a greased baking dish & bake for 18-20 minutes.
Serve immediately, or cut into bars and store in the pantry…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix coconut oil, sugars and agave syrup until creamy
- Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter, mix until combined
- Mix in the cocoa powder and add the milk
- In a separate bowl, combine regular flour, rye flour, flax-seed, oats, baking powder and salt, mix together
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until moistened
- Add chocolate chunks into the mix
- Pour mixture into a greased 8 inch square baking dish (or whatever you prefer, I used a rectangle)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Serve immediately, or cut into bars and store in the pantry
It seems like the whole family enjoyed these moist and nutritious snacks, hope you do too!