As the pandemic continues, more people are concerned about their health and wellness, allowing the use of multivitamins and supplements to significantly grow. According to Natural Grocers, multivitamins and minerals are one of the top ten trends for 2021, with the store stating that consumers have acknowledged the need to enhance their immune systems.
Women, in particular, are increasingly focused on their health and fitness, putting more emphasis on preventive care, vitamin and mineral consumption. As a result, it is causing the women’s multivitamins industry to expand even further.
According to Grand View Research, the global market for women’s health and beauty supplements was valued at Approximately 53.0 billion in 2020 and is predicted to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 4.9 percent between 2021 and 2028. Product demand is predicted to rise as people become more aware of health and wellbeing, as well as adopt a more active lifestyle.
How To Keep Pace in the Fast-Changing Multivitamin Industry for Women
With the continued expansion of the women’s multivitamin industry, new products and supplements are being released and offered in almost every market. With all of the new multivitamins on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the best and the right multivitamins.
Here are a few pointers to help you choose the best multivitamins for you:
Choose a women’s multivitamin with labels that have been verified by a dietary supplement organization. This will allow you to tell if the multivitamins you’re buying are pure and include the ingredients listed on the package. Here are a few reliable organizations that can help you identify ingredients in multivitamins:
- USP: The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, a non-profit organization, assesses whether dietary supplements are pure and include the contents listed on the labels.
- ConsumerLab: which inspects dietary supplements for contamination and purity, ConsumerLab.com, LLC is a major provider of independent test results and information to assist consumers and healthcare professionals in identifying the highest-quality health and nutrition products available.
- NSF International: which validates supplement content, NSF International is an independent organization that helps set public health guidelines, and service teams that test, audit, and certify products and services.
Numerous companies and producers of multivitamins for women are now competing, so many products may list additional benefits and special claims that you can acquire with their product.
Pay attention to what your body requires and take only the multivitamins that are required for your lifestyle. If you’re not sure what vitamins your body need, start with the essential vitamins for women, which include:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B12
With the rise of the multivitamin industry, there are a variety of new brands on the market. Always choose vitamin brands that you’ve seen for years and that have been there for a long time, as this indicates that they provide a good quality multivitamin.
You can choose new brands and products, only if they are well-established, reputable, and have received several recommendations.
Due to the intense competition in the market for women’s multivitamins, more and more products are being sold at a lower price only to make a profit. Many products are sold for a low price due to the low quality and effort put into their production.
Be cautious if you’re unfamiliar with the brand and products being offered at a low price. In the worst-case scenario, low-cost multivitamins may be fake. Here are some of the dangers of taking low-cost vitamins:
- May provide wrong form and dose of a nutrients
- Wrong types of minerals
- Non-medicinal ingredients might be used
- The body is unable to absorb or break down the substance
- May contain inactive or poorly bioavailable nutrients
Stay up to date on multivitamin trends and conduct your research to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of how to find the best multivitamins for you.
Stay tuned to the My Fit Station blogs for more information and advice, not only on women’s multivitamins, as well as motivation and willpower to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle in the long run.