Quinoa Burger Recipe !
Picture & recipe source
I’ve been wanting to try something new with quinoa for a while now. This recipe is a great alternative for the ”regular burger” lovers, it is very nutritious and filled with protein as well.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Gruyère cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed
- Water, if needed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or butter
Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. Add the bread crumbs, stir, and let sit for a few minutes so that the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture. At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form in to twelve 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick patties (a bit more beaten egg or water can be used to moisten the mixture).
Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat, add 6 patties, if they’ll fit with some room between each, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms are deeply browned. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 7 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and cool on a wire rack while you cook the remaining patties.