Let’s HIIT it!
Ready to get your heart rate up, burn some serious calories while toning-up your backside all at once?
This elliptical HIIT workout session will do just that, not only will you be working on your endurance but you’ll also be building-up your strength in your legs and booty! Let’s crank-up a sweaty lower-body toning HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) session!
What You’ll Need for this Workout
- An elliptical trainer
- An interval timer (you can also complete this workout with the online interval timer)
Elliptical HIIT Workout: Breakdown
- Begin your session with a 5 minute warm-up at low-moderate intensity and low-resistance (shown in the workout table)
- Once you’re all warmed-up, it’s time to get serious: follow the guidelines below to get your sweat on:
- Make sure that you are pushing hard during the high resistance levels and take the time to recover while working at lower resistance (still keeping up a moderate speed)
- Focus on engaging your glutes during the high resistance phases, slightly pushing your heels downwards will help activate them
- If the high intensity resistance level is too demanding, simply drop it down a notch so that you are able to complete the workout while still being challenged
- Once you’re done with the interval training, take the last 3 minutes to cool-down, bringing the speed & intensity back down
*This workout is based on elliptical trainers using a 1-10 level of resistance, if your equipment has fewer or more levels you can adjust it accordingly. For instance, 1-20 resistance levels would use a level of 6 vs. 3 during the recovery phase.
The Betty Rocker Body Fuel System
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more.