Today’s Total Body HIIT Workout
Start off with a 20 minute cardio session (I did 21 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training, HIIT, using my Gymboss Interval Timer). Next: Complete 3 sets of the following exercises, I like to do circuit trainings to keep my heart rate up by completing one set of each exercise (no break in between), then take a short break (1-2 minutes) and repeat the whole circuit 2 more time!
Exercise Circuit & (repetitions)
- Stair step ups (12-15/side)
- Db. lying rows (10-12)
- Hip thrusts (this is an advanced move, try the bridge if you are a beginner) (12-15 + 12-15 pulses/side)
- Db bench press (10-12)
- Modified V-ups (with bent knee) (10-12)
- Cable kickback (I used a rubber band elastic) (10-15/side)
- Russian twists (with dumbbell) (24; 1 rep = right & left twist)
- Bicep curl, triceps extension, shoulder upright row (alternating between 3 sets) (12-15)
- Hip crossover (24; 1 rep/side)
- Bird-dog (12-15)
And don’t forget to give your body a good stretch!
The Lift Like A Girl Guide: The Sane & Simple way to build a Better Body by Nia Shanks
Lift Like a Girl is a Complete Video Series That Will Show You How to Design Your Own Workout Programs & Follow Eating Patterns Based on Your Experience Level, Lifestyle, and Preferences.