Heya fitties! Sometimes, a workout is the very last thing you want to be doing, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I get it… this bodyweight circuit is perfect for those occasions when you really don’t feel like hitting a sweat or even getting your butt off the couch! Keep in mind that setting aside as little as 10 minutes to get your body in motion can be greatly beneficial & even get you pumped & motivated to keep going even when once you’re done with this circuit, in this case, why not squeeze in an extra circuit?
WARNING: don’t get fooled by the name of this workout, if you push yourself and give your 100%, you can actually make this circuit quite challenging (higher and faster jumps, added weights, putting extra emphasis on performing with full range of motion engaging the muscles to their max., etc.). Also, keep in mind that you can repeat this set for a total of 2,3 even 4 times for a complete full bodyweight workout! READY?
What You’ll Need For this Workout
- exercise mat
- interval timer (you can also use the online interval timer)
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
The “Lazy Sunday Bodyweight Circuit”: Workout Breakdown
- Start off with a 5 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Set up your interval timer to 10 rounds of 60sec/10sec. intervals
- Complete 1 set of the exercises listed below, following the order in which they are shown (60sec. exercise/10sec. rest)
- Your goal is to complete these exercises as quickly as possible, with minimal breaks in between each exercise while keeping a good form throughout the entire workout
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or take longer breaks in between exercises (more than 10 sec. / example: 20-30sec. breaks) or again, shorten the exercise interval time (40 sec. instead of 60 for example)
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
- If you like, you can go ahead and complete 1-2 additional circuits.
The “Lazy Sunday Bodyweight Circuit” – Exercise Demos
>> Timer Settings: 10 Rounds/2 intervals: 60sec. exercise/10sec. rest
READY, SET, SWEAT!!!
Alternating front kick
Bird Dog *30sec./side
Squat Side Kick
Chair Swing *30sec./side
Gymboss Interval Timer – NEW DESIGN –
Better Workout. Better Results.
The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program. Start working out like a pro and reaching your goals TODAY!
Grab your Gymboss in the color of your choice