I absolutely love me some functional training – combine that with a sweaty HIIT session & I’m on FIRE! lol…
Seriously though, bodyweight training has become more and more popular these days and I am so happy that people are finally starting to appreciate the many benefits of using your own body weight in a functional manner! Today’s upper body HIIT workout is all about strengthening the chest, back and those sexy arm muscles without the use of any equipment (but you might wake up the next morning feeling sore all over
– that’s simply the magic of bodyweight training)!
Ladies tend to put a LOT of focus on sculpting a sexy core and backside (thumbs up) – but you’ve got to balance it out hot stuff! Just like the “chicken leg syndrome” phenomena ain’t workin’ out for the guys – a weak & flabby upper bod ain’t doing you no good either (both esthetically and functionally)!
Enough said, time to get STRONG!
What You’ll Need For this Workout
- exercise mat
- interval timer (you can also use the online interval timer)
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
Upper Body Blasting HIIT Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Set up your interval timer to 8 rounds of 40sec/10sec. intervals
- Complete 1 set of the exercises listed below, following the order in which they are shown (40sec. exercise/10sec. rest)
- Once you’ve completed the 8 exercises, take a short break (about 1 minute) as prescribed and repeat for a total of 3 sets (1-2 if you are more of a beginner)
- Your goal is to complete these exercises as quickly as possible, with minimal breaks in between each exercise while keeping a good form
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or take longer breaks in between exercises (more than 10 sec. / example: 20-30sec. breaks) or again, shorten the exercise interval time (20-30sec. instead of 40)
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles
Upper Body Blasting HIIT Workout: Exercise Demos
Pike Shoulder Press
Gymboss Interval Timer – NEW DESIGN –
Better Workout. Better Results.
The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program. Start working out like a pro and reaching your goals TODAY!
Grab your Gymboss in the color of your choice.